Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Just another paradox that defies logic and embraces absurdity...

At the Department of Immigration this morning:

“Good morning.  I called earlier and was told to come over. I’m a Peace Corps Volunteer and I need a passport stamp extending my Visa.” 

“We always stamp passports on Tuesday.”

“Okay, I’ll come back tomorrow then.”

“We probably won’t have the stamp tomorrow.”

“But I’m leaving on Wednesday for New York and I need the extension before I go.”

“There won’t be any problem.”

“So, I should come back tomorrow for the stamp?”

“No, you already have a stamp.”

“But the date on the stamp I have expires before I’m scheduled to return from New York. I’ll need to come back tomorrow for the stamp, or I can leave my passport and pick it up tomorrow since it’s Tuesday?”

“We always usually stamp on Tuesday, but we probably won’t do it this Tuesday.”

“Should I stop by tomorrow to see if you have the stamp?”

“Probably not.”

“What should I tell Immigration when I get back and they see that my Visa has expired?”

“You won’t have to tell them anything, you already have a stamp.” 

And so it goes, Monday, October 8, 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment