Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tonight's the night...


Tonight is the night for the special sitting of Parliament to honor the 25 Most Remarkable Teens in St. Kitts.  Everything seems on track for a successful event although I've been called to a last minute meeting with the Director, Speaker of the Assembly and Court Clerk.  Hopefully this is just to go over minor protocol issues and not a meeting that will send my blood pressure rising. It's been a long journey - the planning and implementation of this project - but worth the effort if the country follows through and makes it an annual program as they have promised.

During the past few days I've done interviews for radio and television to promote public interest in tonight's event and have met a great many appreciative people who have expressed genuine support for the kids and the idea of youth recognition. I think these are the people who will help sustain the efforts of the youth department as it continues its mission to provide youth with a face and a voice. But I am most impressed by the strong sense of pride and dignity I see in the recipients as they prepare to be the star of their own stories.  I'm excited to share their moment.


And so it goes on Wednesday, November 23, 2011, Thanksgiving Eve on the island of St. Kitts.

No comments:

Post a Comment