Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Little Bit of This and That

Thought you might enjoy taking a look at these signs/posters I've picked up along the way. 

This one should hang in kids bedrooms everywhere.

This sign should be posted everywhere boys with drooping britches walk.

A sign posted in the window at McDonalds.


Perfect answer.

Not sure where I'd put this one, but I'm down for the message.

Wow.

Very true.




Not much time to write today. In sort of an edgy, reflective, philosophical mode after an especially frustrating work week - make that a madding-ly frustrating work week.  But still, I  remain refreshingly optimistic about Monday. 
will leave you with something I've been thinking a lot while interviewing these 100 or so kids for the program I'm working on.  Many of them have gone through much loss, aloneness and hurt.  While they have seemingly overcome their adversity with grace and courage, they still hold deep scars and fears about their futures.  I am a firm believer in the idea that abandonment is the wound at the heart of human experience.  It not only represents core human fear but it is something we’ve all experienced at one time or another.  So on that note, let's all try to be just a little kinder to one another.


And so it goes on this first day of October, 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment